Friday, June 24, 2005

Excellent Movie

We went to see Batman Begins last night. Wow, I was very impressed. This is Batman as it should have been made year ago - so much better than the Tim Burton versions and the "camp" of the TV series. The new Batman is Christian Bale (what a cutie). I think what I liked about the movie the most was the inner conflict of the "Bruce Wayne" character. Having learned his father's very high noble principles as a child, compassion and a sense of responsibility; he still struggled with bitterness and hate after both his parents were murdered right in front of him. He had to learn how to overcome a menacing fear by facing it. Revenge filled his heart and he wanted to see his father's blood avenged, but that need was eventually trumped by his father's love. At first he read this response as cowardice, but eventually found that loving compassion was the greatest quality he possessed. It is really a super movie. The more I think on it, the more I appreciate the simplicity and complicity of this movie. It is not just one special effect after the other. It is very well conceived and balanced and the plot makes a great story that kept me rivoted to the screen. My bladder was completely full to overflowing by the end of the 2-1/2 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home