Monday, August 22, 2005

Under Attack

My writing lately has been very prolific. The Lord is very alive to me these days; speaking to my heart sometime at 90 mph. It's all I can do to get it down on paper. Being close to the Lord is wonderful. Knowing He's there and watching over my every move feels very good. But the devil apparently doesn't like what is happening - because I find myself being drawn in directions that I know are not what my Lord would have me do. Instead of stauch resistence, I put up a little fight, then give in, reasoning its only a little thing. The penalty for my lapse is lost intimacy with God. He does not punish me. It was and is me that stupidly walks away - doing things that He will not or cannot participate in because of holiness. Curious, I can choose unholiness, but He can't. Why is that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home